2015 – 2016 Parent Involvement Policy*
Elementary School we respect the individual needs of children, foster a caring and
creative environment, and emphasize a social, emotional, physical, and
intellectual development as we encourage our students to be life-long learners.
We are committed to the belief that all children can learn and their parents share the school’s commitment to the educational success of their children. Parents, teachers, students and the community are all keys to Emerson-Gridley’s success. Networking among parents, administration and teachers for the betterment of all children at Emerson-Gridley is of paramount importance.
· Communication between teachers and parents is a shared responsibility and needs to be on-going and clear to all parties.
· Communication may include phone calls, notes, e-mails, Open House Night, Conferences, or Progress Reports
· An Emerson-Gridley Elementary School-Parent Compact will be reviewed and developed further as deemed appropriate with the input of parents
· Parents will have opportunities (ESD Parent Portal) to view current curriculum and have opportunities for clarification
· Parents are free to contact the teachers at any time with questions or concerns.
· Parent meetings, including Parent Conferences, will be held at times and dates to accommodate all of whom are involved
· Parents will be fully informed of State and District mandated assessments and results
· All parents are invited to an Annual Meeting to revise the Emerson-Gridley School Wide Program, Plan, and Policy
· Parents will become involved through various school activities, such as attending assemblies, book fairs, family nights and volunteering.
· The goal of these activities will be to promote literacy and math skills and to encourage and support positive interaction between parents and their children.
· Federal funds will be used to encourage parent participation in school related functions.
*This document is reviewed and revised yearly by a representative group of E-G staff and parents.