PMEA District 2, 3 & 5 Orchestra Festival
Updated: January 29 - January 31@ IUP
Due to hotel costs, the hosts have opted to move the festival one day earlier to reduce registration fees.
January 30- February 1, 2020 @ Indiana University of PA
The Pennsylvania Music Educators Association (PMEA) offers advanced high school students the opportunity to participate in their festival system. Participating in PMEA festivals are a special opportunity for students to grow as musicians and to learn from other students and teachers across Pennsylvania.
If you would like to attend a PMEA festival this year, see your teacher for an interest form.
Qualifications for Participation:
• Be currently enrolled in a class that corresponds with the festival you are interested in
• Keep all grades at an acceptable, passing level in all subjects
• Be currently enrolled in 10th, 11th, or 12th grade
• Audition for your teacher(s) if required for qualification and ranking
• Be prepared to independently learn all music prior to attendance at the festival
• Be prepared to attend the festival in its entirety and abide by festival rules
You may also use the District Orchestra website to complete forms necessary to attend and participate in the festival(s).