WITH YOUR PARENT'S PERMISSION -GO outside to explore the natural world and journal! ANY NOTEBOOK OR BINDER WILL DO!
1. Daily weather log. Use resources such as The Weather Channel, the newspaper, and local news station weather broadcasts to record weather statistics multiple times a day: when you wake up, near lunch time, and before bed. Here is a link to an example of how you might want to set up a data table. Try collecting data for a week! WEATHER DATA TABLE
2. What are some things you see crawling under rocks?🐛 Look online later and see if you can identify the insects you journal about! We learned in class that an insect has distinct body parts: an abdoment, thorax, head, 6 legs, 4 wings, and antenae. Here is a website to help you! COMMON PENNSYLVANIA INSECTS
3. Do you see any signs of Spring? What are they? 🌷🌸 If not what will they be?
5. Is there a litter problem in your neighborhood? What is an action plan that could help stop littering?♻️LITTER HANDOUT
6. Fronteir Park is an excellent place to find an abundance of trees.🌲🌳 It now contains over 300 young trees representing some 225 tree varieties. New trees are still being added. TREE GUIDE AT FRONTIER
Enjoy the trails and exercise while taking advantage of the opportunity to learn about the different variety of trees and their scientific names. Keep a log in your science notebook!
I have included a website with ideas on how to journal, but there is no wrong way. Draw what you see and describe it the best way you can. 🙂 Safely explore the outdoors with a parent or guardian!
GUIDE TO JOURNALING LINK IS AVAILABLE TO ASSIST STUDENTS AND PARENTS