Scroll down to see new assignments!
3-15 to 4-19-20:
1. Please see LA10H for the directions for the Tone/Mood assignments. (Sorry, I could not copy them!) Please email me with any questions. The (2) Tone/Mood assignments are The Pit and the Pendulum and The Man in the Water. Check IC gradebook to see if you need to make them up. Most of you completed them! Thank you!
2. Prefix #1 (30 min) -- Please locate the document for this assignment in the LA10 document folder. Follow the directions on the document and submit it to Turnitin.Com.
3. Prefix #2 (30 min)-- Please locate the document for this assignment in the LA10 document folder. Follow the directions on the document and submit to Turnitin.Com.
4. Independent Reading-- Choose a novel at your grade level that has not been made into a movie. Please do the following:
A. (20 min) Email me your novel choice (title and author) and 3 sentences why your novel interests you. Your email to me with your novel choice is due by Thursday, 3-26. First come, first serve-- only one student per novel. If I approve your novel, I will email you back! Well, I will email you either way:)
B. FYI-- many novels are free and in full text form on the internet. Also, you may have novels at your home that you could use.
C. I will post a journal for your novel every few days. The journals will be located in the LA10 document folder. Please submit to Turnitin.Com.
March 30-- Please complete Independent Reading Journal #1. The journal template is located in the LA10 Document Folder located in the far left column of my website. Please be sure to follow all directions! Thank you to all of you who are emailing! Stay well!
April 2-- Please complete Independent Reading Journal #2. The journal template is located in the LA10 Document Folder located in the far left column of my website. Please be sure to follow all directions and submit the completed journal to Turnitin.Com. Thanks! I hope you guys are all ok! I miss you all<3
Monday, April 20--beginning of 4th Quarter:
4-20 to 4-24: Assignment- Turn your "Revised Outline with Evidence and Works Cited page" into a Rough Draft. Submit checkpoint #1 (the 1st full page of
your Rough Draft) in at Turnitin.Com under "Rough Draft checkpoint #1." Task due date: 4-24
A. for this assignment- go to the LA10 Document Folder and read "How to Move from an Ouline to a Rough Draft."
B. Resource available-- in the LA10 Document Folder- "How to Introduce and Explain Quotes/ Paraphrases"
C. Follow all MLA guidelines for formatting.
4-27 - 5-1:
1. Corrections assignment- Go to Turnitin.Com and read the comments/corrections I wrote on your "Rough Draft Checkpoint #1 document."
Go to the LA10 Document Folder and read the "Turnitin.Com Corrections Document" Complete the document and
submit it to the assignment on Turnitin.Com.
Due: Wednesday, April 29
2. Rough Draft -complete submission- See and read the directions for the Rough Draft assignment above under 4-20 to 4-24 entry. Read and follow
the assignment resources under A, B, and C.
Due: Friday, May 1
Please email me with any questions or concerns. I hope you guys are doing okay. :)
May 4 - 8:
Assignment #1- "Final Draft with Works Cited page" - Your career paper is getting better all the time! Continue to improve your paper from the Rough
Draft step and make the corrections from feedback on your Rough Draft on Turnitin.Com. Continue to improve sentence structure and
your organization of ideas in your text. Be sure to use "spellcheck" and also spend time reading your writing for clarity. Submit your
"Final Draft with Works Cited page" to the assignment of the same title on Turnitin.Com.
Due: Friday, May 8th, to Turnitin.Com
Please let me know if you have any questions! I hope you are all doing well:)