Sunday, June 6, 2021, 1:00 p.m., Erie Veterans Memorial Stadium
Rain date/location: Monday, June 7, 5:00 p.m., John F. Linden Performing Arts Center at Collegiate Academy
- If you choose NOT to participate in graduation, your parent/guardian must email Mrs. Niedzwiecki, at email@example.com, by June 1 at 3:00 pm. Diplomas will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, June 8.
- Parking is limited and traffic can be congested; please plan accordingly. You might have to park some distrance from the stadium.
- Months of careful planning go into this important annual event; our staff takes pride in providing a graduation ceremony worthy of this impressive senior class. But we need your help. Please lend your support to the formal decorum of your student’s graduation ceremony. Please make arrangements for small children to stay at home, and we insist and expect that our guests maintain a respectful silence as each student crosses the stage. This courtesy ensures that each student’s name is heard and he or she is accorded that special moment of recognition.
- Caps and gowns were ordered online from Jostens. They will be shipped to Collegiate Academy for student/parent pick up
- Honor stoles, if applicable, may be purchased for $25.00
- Cash, money orders, or credit card payments ($1.50 processing fee for credit cards) are due in the main office at the time of cap and gown pickup. Make money orders payable to Collegiate Academy. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- Caps and gowns were ordered online by the parent/guardian/student, not by Collegiate Academy. Gowns will be passed out during the last week of May. Students should try on their gowns as soon as possible to check the size.
At the beginning of graduation, we process in together to our assigned seats, and at the end, we recess out together, so it is important that we practice!
There will be a mandatory rehearsal on Friday, June 4, 8:45–11:30 am, at Veterans Stadium. We cannot begin until ALL STUDENTS ARRIVE! When students arrive late, the rehearsal runs longer — please allow yourself plenty of time to park then enter the stadium. All students must attend rehearsal, or they will not be permitted to attend graduation.
If you choose NOT to participate in graduation, your parent/guardian must email Mrs. Niedzwiecki, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by June 1 at 3:00 pm. Diplomas will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, June 8.
Decorum and Professional Attire for Graduates
Gentlemen: Dark dress pants, dark dress shoes, shirt and tie
Ladies: Dresses or dress pants and shirt, dark dress shoes; heels are not recommended
Absolutely not permitted: Flip-flops, sneakers, jeans, t-shirts, shorts
Please not the following:
- Bobby pins may be needed to secure graduation caps
- No gum, food, or drink of any kind
- Seniors must report by 12:15 to the 26th Street large gate of the stadium.
- Students may not carry book bags, purses, or any other items into the facility.
Each graduate will receive four (4) tickets at no cost. We will distribute tickets only to the student and custodial parents/guardians — please do not have other family members call for tickets. Please call to indicate the total number of tickets you need as soon as possible (814-874-6300). Admission is by ticket only; a graduation announcement is not a ticket for commencement.
Guests may begin entering the stadium at 12:15. Please use the upper State or French Street entrances. Graduates, faculty, and honored guests will sit on the field. Seating will be on the west side of the stadium, beginning in the area by the press box. We will use ever other row and every other seat. There will be no additional reserved seating. Large blocks of seats may not be saved.
The graduates’ processional will begin precisely at 1:00 pm — latecomers will not be seated until after the National Anthem.
We are tentatively planning for a professional photographer (in the past we have used Lifetouch) to take your graduate’s picture receiving his/her diploma and shortly thereafter with a background. Please do not leave your seat to take photos. Within 10 days after graduation, we will place a link on our website that will allow you to view and order prints.
May 3–7, 10–12, 14–17: AP Exams. More information can be found at apstudent.collegeboard.org.
May 27–28, June 1–2: Senior Finals