This will be a wonderful year filled with play, discovery and exploration. We utilize The Creative Curriculum which is based on five fundamental principles:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher-family partnerships promote development and learning.
We are also bringing in great materials from the Erie’s Public Schools new curriculum: Core Knowledge Language Arts. In this daily instruction moves through the domains that introduce our students to Nursery Rhymes, Community and Family, Important People, Animals, Plants and finally Habitats.
Family is the key component in all student success. Please know that your input and concerns are very valuable. Your joining ClassDojo allows us to communicate in real time.
It is a pleasure to have your child in our classroom community!