Welcome to Mrs. R. Docherty's Page!
Name: Mrs. R. Docherty
Class: English Language Arts Grade 8, Team A
School: Woodrow Wilson Middle School
The best way to contact me is via email:
Wilson Phone Number: (814)874-6600
My Special Help will be held on Monday from 3:10-3:40
English Language Arts is designed to help students improve their literary skills in order to succeed in all areas of the curriculum, on standardized exams such as the PSSAs, and even in the real world.
We are using the HMH - ED: Your Friend in Learning curriculum platform. Students will be provided with both a physical copy of the textbook as well as the use of an online platform, which can be located in Schoology under "apps." We will work out of the online component almost every day.
We will also be reading two novels this school year.
First Semester: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Second Semester: Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
Expected Classroom Behaviors:
- Respect yourself, your peers, me, and your learning environment!
- Arrive on time and BE PREPARED!
- Stay on task
- Be patient with yourself, with others, and with me!
- Work hard and don't give up!
Expected Classwork/Learning Habits:
- Daily Agendas will be available to you at the beginning of each class period. Your first task when you enter the classroom is to logon to Schoology and view the agenda.
- Please view the agenda on days you are absent to complete make-up work. You are responsible for make-up work!
- We will start each class with IXL free 10 questions for review. Please follow the link posted for you in Schoology.
- Complete all tasks/assignments as assigned.
- Each week, Bell Work will be assigned to students.
- Bell Work is assigned at the beginning of the week.
- Students can submit Bell Work throughout the week up until Friday.
- No Bell Work is assigned on Fridays.
If you need technology assistance, please reach IT
- IT Phone: (814)874-6801
- IT Email: EPSsupport@eriesd.org
Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns!