Co-op is the capstone program offered only to seniors. After dedicating three years of study in their chosen lab, students have the opportunity to apply their acquired skills in “the real world”.
In the morning, students complete their school training in required subject areas and are released at approximately noon to a job site. As a result, the co-op student simultaneously earns valuable work experience, three high school credits, and is paid by the employer.
It is truly a win-win-win situation!
In order to qualify for the program, the student must be
- 17 years old
- have a work permit
- passing with a 70% or better in all their classes
- recommended by their lab teacher
- working in a position that relates to their field of study
- work a minimum of fifteen hours per week
- proficient or better in all aspects of the PSSA exam
Their supervisor/trainer in the workplace must obtain all three clearances.
Once a member of the program, the student’s performance at work and school will be monitored by the co-op coordinator to ensure that the student continues to earn passing grades in his/her academic subjects, have good attendance, and a successful work experience.