Mr. G. Hofmann
Mathematics is the Language of the Universe!School: Erie High SchoolE-mail: email@example.comRoom #: 106Classes: Algebra II, Pre-Algebra, Linear Equations (using ALEKS.com).Hello! Due to the shutdown from the COVID-19 virus, instructional support is moving online for most classes.I would recommend the following websites to help all of my students with learning:* Khan Academy provides free video lessons for many subjects, not just math.* Desmos is a free online graphing calculator.
UPDATE = April 16, 2020 ------------
Hello My People!
Okay, we have some big transitions for how we will be working for the rest of the year. After this / from this point forward, I will not be using the teacher webpage for primary communication & instruction. Instead, we will be using e-mail, Google Classrooms, and Khan Academy for communication, instruction, & assignments. A bit more precisely, Algebra 2 and Pre-Algebra will be using Khan Academy, while Linear Equations classes will continue to use ALEKS.com for instruction and assignments.
For the teachers part, we are collaborating so that all students are going to receive the same instruction and assignments for each course. Also, we are going to be holding "office hours", meaning at least a couple of hours a week when we will be at our keyboards for immediate replies. For me, that will be Mondays and Thursdays, 10:30-11:30 AM.
So, to be set up for the rest of the year, you must do the following things:
A. Make sure that you have your student e-mail up & running. After today, I will not use an e-mail address other than the district e-mail accounts.
B. Get registered on Google Classrooms.
C. Algebra 2 and Pre-Algebra classes must get registered on Khan Academy.
A. Get your Student E-mail running:
Due to recommended practices, your district "...@eriesd.org" e-mail accounts will be the only e-mail accounts that I will address or respond to after April 20th. You can also find detailed instructions in this document.
1. Click on "WebMail Login" on the Erie School District homepage, or click this link. You may need to click "+ Use another account" to get a fresh page.
2. Your e-mail address is : [Your Student ID# or lunch #]@eriesd.org . EXAMPLE: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Your password should be the same as if you were logging into a school computer. It is a single word, first letter capitalized, usually with a number at the end. EXAMPLE: Mousepad12.
4. You may need to set your time-zone to Eastern Standard Time (and click Save).
B. Get registered for Google Classrooms:
For my Algebra II and Pre-Algebra classes, Google classrooms is where we will pass along information, assign lessons, and provide resources for your learning. For my Linear Equations classes, although Google will be a convenient place to pass along information (like this note itself), we will continue to do our work through ALEKS.com.
1. Go to classroom.google.com.
2. Register only with your school e-mail account (EXAMPLE: email@example.com) and the same password as your email account. If you were logged in to Google with another account, you must log out and register with the "@eriesd.org" account.
3. Register with the class codes below:
Period = Class / Course # = Code
A1 = Linear Equations / 3915-01 = hfimbcu
A2 = Algebra II / 3601-12 = tzkcjag
A3 = Linear Equations / 3915-02 = uk3ecqh
B1 = Pre-Algebra / 3221-04 = gzgrj4e
B2 = Linear Equations / 3915-04 = 5vwthqx
B3 = Linear Equations / 3915-11 = waj7qwr
C. Get registered for Khan Academy:
Only my Algebra II and Pre-Algebra classes need to register on Khan Academy. Linear Equations classes can continue to use ALEKS.com for all instruction and assignments.
1. You should have been sent a link through your district e-mail accounts. Click it.
2. If you can't find that, register at Khan Academy with your district e-mail account and password. You should be automatically registered for the class if you use the district email, but if not, use the class codes: 2TVYAZJT for Algebra II and T6HGMPG5 for Pre-Algebra.
If you have any questions or concerns, e-mail me as soon as possible.
Good Luck & Keep Healthy!
---------- End Update -----------
April 2, 2020: ----------
Hello My People! I have some info, which I think is solid.
* Third Quarter Grades *
1. Grades for 3rd quarter will be based on work that was done/due before March 13. In other words, what is in the Infinite Campus gradebook right now.
2. Any past due work for our class (look at my webpage - here, in Class Resources) can be turned in for partial credit (take picture & e-mail it to me) before April 20.
3. If you want to re-do a quiz or test from 3rd quarter, e-mail me about what exactly you want to make up, and I will send you a quiz/test to do. Write your answers out on paper, take a picture & e-mail it back, and I can count it before April 20.
4. Grades will be finalized & posted between April 20 & April 24.
* Fourth Quarter *
1. April 20 also is the beginning of online instruction through Google classroom (you should have received an invite in your district e-mail).
2. Assignments will be given & graded through Google classroom instead of the district webpages.
3. Grades will be "Complete (Satisfactory) / Incomplete", basically like a "Pass/Fail". Just do the work & you'll be good!
4. Fourth Quarter will be completed in early June, as scheduled.
That's all I know for now! Keep healthy & safe!
---------- End Update ----------Linear Equations Classes: Please read & download instructions from the Class Resources page.Algebra 2 Classes: The notes for chapter 6 are summarized in a document on the Class Resources page.The Chapter 6 Assignments document has all of the practice worksheets for Chapter 6, including your new assignments for $6.5 and $6.6.There is also a separate document for the alternate assignment for $6.4. You may choose which assignment to complete for $6.4.I have also uploaded a copy of the assignments from Chapter 5. Feel free to make up any past-due assignments while you have the time.You may take (clear) photos of your completed assignments (with your name and date) and e-mail them to me for credit.Note that although the district has stated that work done over the break won't count against your grade, these will likely be the same assignments that we will have once we come back from the break, whenever that may be.Pre-Algebra Classes: The notes for chapter 6 are summarized in a document on the Class Resources page.The Chapter 6 Assignments document has all of the Re-teaching and Practice worksheets for Chapter 6, including new assignments for $6.7 - $6.9.Feel free to make up any past-due assignments while you have the time.You may take (clear) photos of your completed assignments (with your name and date) and e-mail them to me for credit.Note that although the district has stated that work done over the break won't count against your grade, these will likely be the same assignments that we will have once we come back from the break, whenever that may be.