Opening Bell Closing Bell
8:00 a.m. 2:30 p.m.
Get in Touch
Harding Elementary School820 Lincoln AvenueErie, Pa 16505Phone (814) 874-6550PrincipalKathleen FarnhamAssistant PrincipalJeffrey YonkersSecretaryValerie LaPlaca
Welcome to Harding School
Attention Harding Families: Please read this section.
Attention Harding Students and Families!
The Harding Elementary School PTO is excited to invite you to our
First Annual Title 1 BINGO and Book Fair Family Night on
Friday, February 8th from 5:30-8:00 in the Harding Gymnasium.
An informative flyer will be sent home with your student on January 28th.
Donato’s Pizza, Salad and Drinks are available for purchase.
Additional concessions will be sold as well.
Prizes and Baskets will be raffled off!
All proceeds go to the Harding School Playground Fund.
The Scholastic Book Fair will be taking place that night in the Library.
Our friends from Blasco Library will be there to help families get signed up for a FREE Blasco Library card.
NO outside food may be brought in for this fundraising event.
Click on the link below to check out the new Harding PTO website
Important Info: EMTA bus pass deadline
Please remember that all EPS students who are eligible for transportation through EMTA must present an official bus pass when boarding the bus beginning Monday, September 10th. EMTA will not allow students to ride the bus for free without a pass after this date.
--Erie's Public Schools Mobile App notification posted Sept. 6, 2018 / 1:24 PM
BUS SCHEDULES are listed under the Parents tab at the top of Harding's Home Page
New School Hours:
8:00 a.m - 2:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. school starts, student entry and
breakfast in the classrooms
8:20 a.m. tardy bell
2:30 p.m. dismissal
Winter Morning Supervision
If the temperature is below 40 degrees, students who are normally supervised outside from 7:30-8:00 a.m at their grade level doors, will be brought in to the Harding Auditorium and supervised there.
2018-19 Student Handbook Uniform Change:
New this year:
All Erie's Public Schools students are allowed to wear hoodies to school as outerwear, but will not be permitted to wear them during the school day. If a hoodie is worn as outerwear, please make sure your student(s) have a school uniform shirt underneath.
2018-19 Student Handbook Attendance Change:
New this year:
Erie's Public Schools building administrators will NOT be authorized to accept parent excuses for student absences beyond 10 calendar days from the date the student returns from the absence(s).
Single Point of Entry
New this year:
Between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., all visitors will be required to enter and exit the building using the Lincoln Avenue doors. School district employees and those handicapped will still be able to enter through the parking lot side doors.
As with last year:
- All visitors MUST register in the office before proceeding to any other part of the building.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the Visitor Registrater and provide their driver's license or other state-issued photo identification.
- Visitors will be issued a visitor indentification badge, which must be displayed at all times while the visitor remains in the school building or on school premises.
- Visitors must remain in approved areas only and act in a a manner appropriate to the safe functioning of the school environment at all times. Any individual who engages in uncooperative or disruptive behavior will be required to leave the premises.
- Upon conclusion of the visit, the visitor must return to the building main office, sign out on the Visitor Register and return the visitor ID badge.
Important Dismissal Information:
· As you know, Lincoln Ave. is very congested and there is NO PARKING on the east side of the street. Stopping your car backs up traffic and further contributes to traffic flow issues.
· Please walk your children to the corner where the crossing guard is stationed so that you all may safely cross. Crossing Lincoln Ave. in between cars is unsafe and contradictory to what we teach children about safely crossing the street. A few extra minutes spent walking to the corner may prevent an unnecessary accident.