Opening Bell Closing Bell
8:00 a.m. 2:30 p.m.
Get in Touch
Harding Elementary School820 Lincoln AvenueErie, Pa 16505Phone (814) 874-6550PrincipalKathleen FarnhamAssistant PrincipalJeffrey YonkersSecretaryValerie LaPlaca
Welcome to Harding School
Attention Harding Families!
Please read the important information and changes below for the 2018-19 school year.
New School Hours:
8:00 a.m - 2:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. school starts, student entry and
breakfast in the classrooms
8:20 a.m. tardy bell
2:30 p.m. dismissal
Harding Meet and Greet
SAVE THE DATE!
This year's Meet and Greet will be held August 23rd from 3:30-5:00 p.m. in the Harding Auditorium. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about important information prior to the start of school. Staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
We hope to see you there!
Back to School Supplies:
Grade Level Supply Lists are available under the "Parents" tab at the top of our website.
2018-19 Student Handbook Uniform Change:
New this year:
All Erie's Public Schools students are allowed to wear hoodies to school as outerwear, but will not be permitted to wear them during the school day. If a hoodie is worn as outerwear, please make sure your student(s) have a school uniform shirt underneath.
2018-19 Student Handbook Attendance Change:
New this year:
Erie's Public Schools building administrators will NOT be authorized to accept parent excuses for student absences beyond 10 calendar days from the date the student returns from the absence(s).
Single Point of Entry
New this year:
Between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., all visitors will be required to enter and exit the building using the Lincoln Avenue doors. School district employees and those handicapped will still be able to enter through the parking lot side doors.
As with last year:
- All visitors MUST register in the office before proceeding to any other part of the building.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the Visitor Registrater and provide their driver's license or other state-issued photo identification.
- Visitors will be issued a visitor indentification badge, which must be displayed at all times while the visitor remains in the school building or on school premises.
- Visitors must remain in approved areas only and act in a a manner appropriate to the safe functioning of the school environment at all times. Any individual who engages in uncooperative or disruptive behavior will be required to leave the premises.
- Upon conclusion of the visit, the visitor must return to the building main office, sign out on the Visitor Register and return the visitor ID badge.
Important Dismissal Information:
· As you know, Lincoln Ave. is very congested and there is NO PARKING on the east side of the street. Stopping your car backs up traffic and further contributes to traffic flow issues.
· Please walk your children to the corner where the crossing guard is stationed so that you all may safely cross. Crossing Lincoln Ave. in between cars is unsafe and contradictory to what we teach children about safely crossing the street. A few extra minutes spent walking to the corner may prevent an unnecessary accident.