VISION - Erie City School District will be the area leader in STEM education for middle-level students, preparing them to meet the 21st century challenges of a global marketplace through innovation, collaboration, and problem-solving.
GOALS for the implementation of STEM integration
Goals for the Pre-Implementation Phase
- Woodrow Wilson Middle School, Diehl Elementary, and JoAnna Connell Elementary will attend the STEM Cocoa Beach Conference.
- The three schools listed above will complete school level plans.
- The three schools listed above will meet in September 2013 to discuss the Implementation Phase of this document.
Goals for the Implementation Phase
- Year one STEM programs will complete two STEM lessons.
- Year two STEM programs will complete a STEM unit, an additional STEM lesson, create a STEM club, and establish a business partnership.
- Year three STEM programs will implement a STEM program that includes all students; while maintaining their business partnership and STEM club.
- Build STEM capacity in the Erie City School District.
Goals for the Maintenance and Sustainability Phase
- The district level STEM Team will meet monthly to ensure maintenance of the Erie City School District's STEM Program.
- According to the 2014 STEM conference RFP district/school level teams will attend the 2014 STEM Cocoa Beach Conference.
- Two new schools will be added to the Erie City School District's STEM Program for the 2014-2015 school year as year one schools.