Please check the Web Resources for links to our online learning during this time of school closure. Please have students work on those daily to keep them learning. Here are some other ideas to help keep them busy and learning...
- READ. Have students read to you or read to students. www.getepic.com is offering a free 30 day trial and offers great books online for students to read or listen to.
- Practice Tricky Words on flashcards or by writing them. Our tricky words can be found in the classroom resources section.
- Build with LEGOS or other materials.
- Play with Play-Doh.
- Make up silly sentences and have students write them down.
- Scholastic is offering free lessons for students to explore to keep them learning during this time (classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html).
- Students love to go on pbskids.org during recess and free time and I'm sure they would love to at home.
Communication is very important to me. If you have a question or concern, please contact me in writing, via email or by phone. The best time to reach me by phone is between 2:40-3:10. If I am not available, please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me by email, my school email is email@example.com. Please keep in mind, that I can only check my email and voice messages during non-instructional times, so if you have an urgent message please call the office. If you need to speak with me in person, I would be more than happy to schedule an appointment with you.