Opening Bell Closing Bell
8:00 a.m. 2:30 p.m.
Get in Touch
Harding Elementary School820 Lincoln AvenueErie, Pa 16505Phone (814) 874-6550Principal, Grades 3-5Kathleen FarnhamPrincipal, Grades PreK-2Kevin HarperAssistant PrincipalJeffrey YonkersSecretariesValerie LaPlaca and Laura Sheehan
Welcome to Harding School
Harding is getting excited about the 2019-20 school year!
Check out the information below!
If there are any families that live in the Pearce Park area that would be interested in carpooling, please call the Harding Main Office at 874-6550 and leave your name with one of the Secretaries. If we get enough interest, we will reach out to you and assist with getting this started.
********Important EMTA Bus Information********
September 12th is the last day that student may ride the EMTA bus without an approved bus pass.
Starting Sept. 13th, only students with an EMTA bus pass may ride. If you have applied for a bus pass but have not received approval yet, please call the Harding Main Office at 874-6550 and we will check on the status for you.
New "No Bullying" t-shirts will be available for order in the Harding Main Office
through September 20th. Multiple colors available.
Call 874-6550 for order details.
Click on the link below to check out the new Harding PTO website
BUS SCHEDULES are listed under the Parents tab at the top of Harding's Home Page
8:00 a.m - 2:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. school starts, student entry and
breakfast in the classrooms
8:20 a.m. tardy bell
2:30 p.m. dismissal
Single Point of Entry
Between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., all visitors will be required to enter and exit the building using the Lincoln Avenue doors. School district employees and those handicapped will still be able to enter through the parking lot side doors.
- All visitors MUST register in the office before proceeding to any other part of the building.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the Visitor Registrater and provide their driver's license or other state-issued photo identification.
- Visitors will be issued a visitor indentification badge, which must be displayed at all times while the visitor remains in the school building or on school premises.
- Visitors must remain in approved areas only and act in a a manner appropriate to the safe functioning of the school environment at all times. Any individual who engages in uncooperative or disruptive behavior will be required to leave the premises.
- Upon conclusion of the visit, the visitor must return to the building main office, sign out on the Visitor Register and return the visitor ID badge.
Important Dismissal Information:
· As you know, Lincoln Ave. is very congested and there is NO PARKING on the east side of the street. Stopping your car backs up traffic and further contributes to traffic flow issues.
· Please walk your children to the corner where the crossing guard is stationed so that you all may safely cross. Crossing Lincoln Ave. in between cars is unsafe and contradictory to what we teach children about safely crossing the street. A few extra minutes spent walking to the corner may prevent an unnecessary accident.