Our Student Assistance Program GoalsTo create a safe and warm environment for the students by: identifying behaviors, gathering facts and information about the student, caring for and helping the students, and implementing interventions, along with parents and teachers, that will help the students with any difficulties they are facing and to guide students and parents to appropriate outside resources.Services available to students and families:
- Support and intervention with school staff:This may include counseling, before and after school meetings and/or behavior management and plans in place for the student.
- Mental Health Assessment:A mental health intake interviewing process will take place. The information is then brought to the Clinical team to discuss services provided by an outside agency. There may also be in-school supports, as well.
- Drug and Alcohol Assessment Counseling: The SAP team works with Pyramid Services regarding this area. An individual assessment can be completed followed by recommendations. In and out of school counseling may be an option and may be available for the student.
- Group Participation: This can include group counseling, such as, anger management, grief, self-esteem,social skills, transition and any other group that can assist the student in the dealing with others.
- Parent/Guardian Consultation Only:This allows the students’ parents to meet with a SAP team member to discuss situations as they arise.