2018-19 Grover Cleveland Family Engagement Policy
Grover Cleveland Elementary School in the School District of the City of Erie, PA is committed to the education of all of our children. We believe that with the joint support of school and home, all of our children will have the tools to become successful, lifelong learners.
Grover Cleveland recognizes that parents are co-leaders and decision makers throughout their children’s education. We encourage parent and family involvement to be an on-going process by providing an environment which promotes a productive dialogue between home and school. With this belief in mind we have put procedures and activities in place to support this goal. They are as follows:
- A Title 1 parent meeting will be held at the beginning of each school year to inform the parents of the school’s participation in, the requirements of, and their right to be involved in the Title 1 program. This meeting will also provide parents with assistance in understanding the curriculum the school uses, the assessments used to measure, how to monitor their child’s achievement, and how to work with the staff to improve achievement.
- Title 1 funding may be used to pay reasonable and necessary expenses that are associated with parent involvement activities such as transportation, child care, home visits that will allow parents to be involved in school-related activities such as trainings and meetings.
- In the spring of each school year, parents and staff will meet jointly to review and develop our School Wide Parent Involvement Policy, Compact, and Schoolwide Program Plan to be implemented in the fall of the following year.
- We will offer workshops, programs, parent conferences, open house, Title I meetings, and activities throughout the school year at a variety of times.
- We will encourage all of our parents to take part in what our school has to offer. The school will provide opportunities for regular meetings to formulate ideas and suggestions, and to have parents participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children, and respond to any suggestions in a practical and timely manner.Parents are equal partners and we value their input. We work together to develop family/school relationships based upon mutual respect and our shared objective of developing successful learners. If any parent would like to be involved in creating the parent involvement documents for next school year, they may contact our Title I School Wide Support teachers, Mr. Owens or Mrs. Lucarotti at 874-6670.
In accordance with Title I regulations Grover Cleveland School would like to notify parents of the parent resource center that exists in our school library. It is designed to assist parents in working with their child to improve their achievement. Operation times are posted on the monthly calendar of events. If parents have a specific request, need topic information, or if the operating times are insufficient, please contact Mr. Owens and Mrs. Lucarotti or our guidance counselor, Mr. Michael Romeo at 874-6670.
2018-2019 GROVER CLEVELAND HOME/SCHOOL INVOLVEMENT COMPACT
- As the teacher, I understand the importance of the school experience to every student and my role as a teacher and mode. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following to the best of my ability:
- Teach the skills necessary for your child’s success.
- Make every effort to be aware of your child’s needs and provide appropriate support.
- Communicate with you on a regular basis regarding your child’s progress.
- Prepare make up work when your child is absent.
Teacher’s signature _____________________________________________ date ___________
- As a student, I know my education is important to me. It will help me become a better person. I know my parents want to help me, but I am the one who has to do the work. Therefore, I agree to do the following:
- Return completed homework on time and return corrected work to my parent/guardian.
- Report to school on time and ready to learn.
- Follow the school rules and be responsible for my behavior.
- Make up all work missed during an absence from school.
- Pay attention and ask for help when I need it.
Student’s signature ________________________________________ date ___________
- As the parent, I realize that my child’d years in school are vital. I also understand that participating in my child’s education will help his/her achievement and attitude. Therefore, I agree to carry out the following to the best of my ability:
- Give my child a quiet place to study and encourage him/her to complete assigned homework.
- Make sure my child gets to school on time ready to learn.
- Attend Open house and parent Conferences and keep the lines of communication open including checking the daily planner.
- Make sure my child gets their work when they are absent from school.
- Make every effort to encourage my child to read and write frequently.
Parent’s signature __________________________________________ date ___________*If there are any suggestions or changes you would like to see added to the Grover Cleveland parent Involvement Policy and Parent Compact, please click the survey below or contact Mr. Owens or Mrs. Lucarotti at 814-874-6670. Thanks you.