Welcome to my page!Name:Sandra MillerSchool:McKinleySchool Phone:Room #:14Classes:First GradeWelcome Message:Welcome to Miss Miller's class.This is an exciting time for your student.The goals for first graders is being able to read text fluently and master addition and subtraction through 20.Some great things to do with your student at home would be able to read Dr. Seuss books, practice the tricky sight words, and practice addition and and subtraction flash cards.Hello Parents!During your child's time at home please have your child use the above links to use the CKLA Amplify reading daily for 30 minutes, as well as the IReady Math link for 30 minutes if you have internet access. Your child brought home a yellow paper that contains their log-in information. Students use these programs to practice the skills which are taught in our classroom. These online sites are a component of our math and reading programs.In addition please see below for additional online resources that your child can access. If you have any questions you can contact me through my email address.Miss Millersandramiller@eriesd.org
Attention EPS families: due to overwhelming demand, we are now accepting reservations for Chromebooks at least through Thursday, April 9. Families who need a Chromebook should call our Information Technology department at 874-6801 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Please only call if you have no other device with which to connect to the Internet, so that we are able to distribute our limited number of devices to those families who are most in need.
As a reminder, Chromebooks are being loaned. They are district property and must be returned.
The optional enrichment assignments for the week of April 13th have been posted! Please check them out and do what you can! :)
Remember the enrichment assginments are not graded or required. They are there for extra practice while we transition to online learning.
Please continue to have your child use the CKLA Amplify reading daily for 30 minutes, as well as the link for i-ready math for 30 minutes daily, if you are able to log in. Also in the links section, there are more links for learning opportunities for students.
On Friday, March 13, 2020, your child brought home a yellow note. The yellow paper contains their login inforamtion for both CKLA Amplify reading and for i-ready Math. (If your child was absent on Friday, March 13, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send you the login information).
Hello Students and Families!Beginning Monday, March 30, EPS will distribute meals on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays only from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Meals will no longer be distributed on Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning next week.Meals will be distributed at the following locations:• All district elementary schools• All district middle schools• Erie High School• Meals will no longer be distributed at Collegiate Academy, the Patrick J. DiPaolo Student Success Center at Emerson Gridley, Perseus House Charter School of Excellence and the Robert Benjamin Wiley Community Charter School.Families may pick up meals at the schools closest to them regardless of the school their student attends.
Online Accessibility Links
- CKLA Amplify (Reading)
- This is the link to the online reading program. Students use this program to practice various reading skills in addition to classroom work.
- This is the link to the online math program. Students use this program to practice math skills, giving students extra practice.
- Second Step
- This is the link to the curriculum used for social emotional learning.
- Go to the webiste.
- Under New Users, click “Create Account”
- Complete the required fields
- Add Program Activation Key: SSPE FAMI LY68
- McKinley Elementary School Library Online Resources
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- This link provides additional learning opportunities for students, such as fiction and nonfiction read alouds, informational videos, and various extention activities.
- Bookflix, Trueflix, Watch & Learn Library
User Name: Learning20
- Bookflix (grades prekindergarten through 3rd grade) and Trueflix (3rd grade and beyond) has read aloud material for students.
- Watch & Learn Library has various learning journeys across grade levels (grades prekindergarten through 3rd grade).
- Follet Destiny (District Library Catalog) from Erie Public School's webpage under the parent section.
- Scroll until you find the name Follet Destiny, click. Find McKinley Elemetnary School, click.
- Choose from a variety of links containing activities for students. Here are a few great ones!
- Math Flashcards
- Online fun with flashcards
- Free Printable Worksheets for math and reading practice
- This link provides additional free printable resources.
- CKLA Amplify (Reading)