Welcome to my page!
Name: Danette Ronto
School: McKinley Elementary
School Phone: (814) 874-6870 ext. 1158
Room #: 20
Classes: Grade 3
Welcome to Ms. Ronto's third grade!
Parents, please look through the webpage and if you have any questions or concerns, please email me at the about address.
Have your child complete at least 30 minutes a day on the Amplify reading app and 30 minutes on the i-Ready math app. Next week, I will assign specific math lessons on i-Ready to help continue with what students left off with last week in school before the shutdown. Students know that any assigned math lessons will be down the left side as soon as they get online and login.
Both apps are set up to work on skills individualized to your child's needs. As they gain the skill, it will automatically move them onto what is next.
Some things you can do with your child while they are home:
- Use flashcards to practice addition, subtraction, and mulitiplication facts
- Let them read to you or a sibling at least once a day
- Read a book to them at least once a day
- Practice their sight words (which I am in the process of putting onto the class resource page).
- Go onto the the websites that are linked on my web resources page
I sent home an envelope last Friday with a letter from me, packet of work, and an index card with your child's username and password for all the websites.
I'm working on my webpage and it is a work in progress, so please keep checking it for new updates.
Thank you for your patience and I hope all is well with your families.