Welcome to Mrs. Spitznogle's Web Site!Monday June 8thIf you are looking for something to do during this "offical" last week of school, log on to IXL. Finish working on any 6th grade skills that you haven't mastered or challenge yourself and start working on some 7th grade skills to prepare yourself for next year.Monday, April 20thHappy 1st day of virtual school! This process is new for everyone so I'm sure there will be some problems that come up. Please let me know if you have any questions or conerns as we go.I will have "office hours" every day for each class AT A SPECIFIC TIME (see below). This is a video chat where we can meet, you can ask questions, get extra help, discuss our novel or just check in and let me know how things are going.To access my office hours you go to your Google classroom, click on classwork, click on google calendar. Each day you will see a link for your class. Click on your class period, click on "join hangouts meet," then click on "join now."Office hours:1st period 10:00-10:302nd period 10:30-11:005th period 1:00-1:306th period 1:30-2:00I will be available by email any time of the day. Have a good first day and let me know if you have any questions.
Thursday, April 9, 2020
- Mandatory online instruciton begins next week on Monday, April 20th. You must log on to google classroom if you haven't already. If you see that your friends are not part of your class, please get a hold of them and help them log on.
- We will NOT be doing AR for the 4th quarter. We will be reading the novel, CHOMP, together as a class. As always, you should continue to read for pleasure.
- If you have any of the packets left in your binder that I gave you and you would still like to bring up your 3rd quarter grade, you can submit your answers via email by Friday at 3:00.
- If you are satisfied with your 3rd quarter grade, you DO NOT have to complete the packets. Continue to work on IXL this week.
- Continue working on your IXL challenge for this week (described below).
- Log on to GOOGLE CLASSROOM, if you have not done so already.
- Watch the YouTube videos listed below on how to get started with GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
- Email me and let me know if you have ordered or will be ordering a copy of the novel CHOMP (see below).
- Stay safe and enjoy your long holiday weekend!
April 6th-9thYour challenge for this short week is to master 3 new IXL skills. I will post the names of of kids who completed the challege on Friday and add 3 bonus points to your grade!!Tuesday, April 7, 2020When we begin online classes on April 20th, we will start the novel CHOMP by Carl Hiaasen. I will provide you with a link where you can read it online for free. If you are like me and want to have an actual book in your hand, the links below will take you to sites where you can purchase it and have it shipped to your house before we begin.
Friday, April 3, 2020 *UPDATE*
When you have time, please review the following videos to help you get started with GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Thursday, April 2, 2020
- If your code for GOOGLE CLASSROOM is saying that it is invaild, make sure that you are logging on with your school district email and password. If you are still having trouble, please email me.
- Continue working your IXL challenge for this week. Bonus points will be added to your grade tomorrow.
*** BREAKING NEWS***
The Erie School District announced that starting April 20th, every student is required to particpate in online instruction. We will be using GOOGLE CLASSROOM to do this. Follow the directions in the GOOGLE CLASSROOM link (to the left) to join my virtual classroom.
Name: Mrs. Ann SpitznogleSchool: Woodrow Wilson Middle SchoolSchool Phone: 814-874-6600Room #: 105Classes: English Language Arts pod 06BE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgExtra Help Night: MondayWelcome Message: