Your assignment is to practice your instrument for at least 25 minutes a day throughout the school week.
Please focus on practicing your concert music. You may also supplement your practice with music from Smart Music.
Smart Music is a great tool to use to practice music with since you can adjust the tempo, hear your part, get feedback, and feel like you are playing with a group. Unfortunately only Pirate's Legend and a version of Country Gardens are on Smart Music. You can play along with those. But Smart Music does have a vast library of solo and ensemble pieces. Feel free to browse through it and find music that you enjoy learning in addition to preparing your concert music.
If you do not have your instrument at home, you can still look up your music and listen to recordings of it.
Smart Music Sign Up
Please sign up for SmartMusic so you can have access to practice tracks for all of our concert pieces. You can only access it on a laptop or iPad. Use your school email to sign up -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaFsfaTOxv0 (sign up tutorial)
Use this code: RAZVW-7L6EF
Signup Link: https://admin.smartmusic.com/login
- Once you have signed up for SmartMusic, go to your email and confirm your email address.
- Tutorial for completing assignments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcHeU-GbcWE
- You do not have to complete the assignments for a grade - however, you can search through songs and choose your instrument to practice. You can choose a tempo, choose to hear your part as you play, and get feedback on your performance - the feedback lets you know if you are playing the right pitches and rhythms.
- In Smart Music the songs will be listed as graded assignments, but I will not be grading them. That was the way that I had to set it up in order to post your songs for you to find easily.
- Feel free to explore - there are thousands of pieces for you to try! The sky is the limit. There are also solo pieces for your instrument and method books available for technique and skill building.
- If you need help, please reach out to me via email or remind.
Wind Ensemble Syllabus
Thursday, May 7th @ 7 pm
Students need to arrive by 6pm
Tuesday May 5th 8am-12pm (no school)
Wednesday, May 6th from 3:30pm-5:30pm
June 8th 5pm-8:15pm at the Bayfront Convention Center