Your assignment is to practice your instrument for at least 25 minutes a day throughout the week.
You can use your method book as a warm up and to build musical skills, and then practice your concert music.
Smart Music is a great tool to use to practice music with since you can adjust the tempo, hear your part, get feedback, and feel like you are playing with a band. Unfortunately none of our Jazz Band songs are on Smart Music, but they do have a vast library of jazz songs and improvisation materials. Feel free to browse through it and find music that you enjoy learning.
If you do not have your instrument at home, you can still listen and follow along on Smart Music and mentally practice your music.
Smart Music Sign Up
Please sign up for SmartMusic so you can have access to practice tracks for all of our concert pieces. You can only access it on a laptop or iPad. Use your school email to sign up -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaFsfaTOxv0 (sign up tutorial)
Use this code: 44GE6-CCMGJ
Signup Link: https://admin.smartmusic.com/login
- Once you have signed up for SmartMusic, go to your email and confirm your email address.
- Tutorial for completing assignments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcHeU-GbcWE
- You do not have to submit any assignments for a grade - however, you can search through any of their pieces and choose your instrument to practice. You can choose a tempo, choose to hear your part as you play, and get feedback on your performance - the feedback lets you know if you are playing the right pitches and rhythms. This is a great tool to use.
- Unfortunately none of our Jazz Band songs are on Smart Music, but they do have a vast library of jazz songs and improvisation materials.
- Feel free to explore - there are thousands of pieces for you to try! The sky is the limit. There are also solo pieces for your instrument and method books available for technique and skill building.
- If you need help, please reach out to me via email or remind.
Jazz Band 1 Syllabus
Thursday, May 28th @ 7 pm
Students need to arrive by 6pm
Wednesday, May 27th from 3:30pm-5:30pm