Application Process Checklist
Completing the application will be easier if you gather the following information ahead of time:
- Your final grades from last year in language arts, math, science, and history/social studies, as well as your current grades in those subjects. If you do not have that information, you can get it from your school's guidance counselor or main office.
- Your score on the standardized math and reading assessments that you took most recently. This assessment is most likely the PSSA, but depending on your current school it might be the Stanford 9, ITBS, PSAT, Terra Nova, or another exam. You can report either your raw score or your percentile ranking (NPR or PR) on the test. Again, if you do not have that information, you can get it from your school's guidance counselor or main office.
- If you do not attend one of Erie’s Public Schools, you must provide hard copies of your seventh- and eighth-grade transcripts and your standardized test scores. You can mail them, drop them off in our main office, or fax them to (814) 874-6307. Your application will not be considered complete until you have turned in these hard copies. Students in Erie’s Public Schools do not have to submit hard copies.
- The full name and email address of the person who will complete the online recommendation form for you. He or she must be someone outside of your family. Good choices are teachers, principals, guidance counselors, and coaches. It is a good idea to talk to that person ahead of time.
- Any activities or service that you have completed, and any awards or honors that you have achieved.