- Applications accepted 8th grade year
- GPA 2.7 and above
- 70% in Math and Science
- Good attendance is mandatory
- No behavior issues
- A genuine interest in healthcare and health related careers is a MUST.
- Accordion folder or Large 3 Ring Binder
- Large 3 Subject Notebook
- Colored Pencils
- Black Pens, #2 Pencils
- Flash Drive
- Index Cards
Clearances - Health Records - Certifications
- A clinical rotation for qualified students during the 4th quarter Junior year.
- Clearances are also being required for most Clinical sites as well.
- Co-op(cooperative educational externship) Senior year for students that qualify.
- Clearances needed add up to approximately $50. See below for the descriptions and approximate cost.
- Finger printing - Approximately $27.50
- Child abuse - Approximately $10.00
- Criminal background check - Approximately $10.00
- Bloodborne Pathogen Certification - Test and Certification given in class - Free
- CPR - Certification and testing given at Central Tech or could possibly be obtained while at Clinical/Co-Op facility.
- Students may have to have vaccinations updated. Facilities require recent TB Testing to be done before contact with patients. This is a time sensitive test at a minimal cost. Most family physicians can administer this test in office.
- Please make sure students have vaccination and health records updated before their Junior year.
- This makes the Clinical and Co-Op transition smoother for the human resource department, student, and instructor.