Career Cruising Grade 7 Implementation Plan:
- Students will enter short and long term goals in the Career and Life Goals section of the Portfolio.
- Students will review their Matchmaker Results from 6th grade and any careers they saved to their portfolio. Have students update their careers of interest they've saved to their portfolio.
- Activity #1 : Students will research career(s) by school subject and update their career(s) of interest to the Portfolio.
- Students can explore different industries of interest and can work either alone, or as part of a group to present their findings to their classmates including a description of at least two significant careers in the industry.
Career Objectives:Students take field trips to learn about different jobs.Students will be introduced to virtual visits and speakers.Students will be introduced to different jobs through career speakers or a speaker series.Career Development Activities/Ideas:
- Update Hobbies and Interests in the Portfolio.
- Begin a journal by keeping track and reflecting on career development activities.
Grade 7 Lesson Plan Examples: